We’re all on the pursuit for strong, shiny, and luscious hair, but are we sabotaging our own efforts by unknowingly committing these 5 daily hair care mistakes? You’ve done everything to prepare for the perfect hair day and for some reason your hair still feels frizzy, dry, or is falling completely flat. Read on to find out how to remedy these mistakes and avoid making them in the future:
- Hair is weakest when it’s wet. If you are combing your wet hair after the shower only to have it tangle and break, try adding our Rosarco Milk Reparative Leave-in Conditioning Spray before combing. The nourishing blend of rosehip, argan, and coconut oils help de-tangle hair + it’s great for all hair types. Make sure to use a wide tooth comb for easy detangling that’s gentle on the scalp and prevents hair breakage. Finally, be sure to start detangling at the ends working your way up to the crown.
- Terry cloth fabric causes friction and frizz. Instead of wrapping hair in a towel, use an old t-shirt to prevent frizz. No matter how fast you need to get ready, frantically rubbing your hair with a towel won’t speed up drying time, and could actually be the cause of your bad hair day. Like we mentioned before, your hair is weakest when wet, so if you rub it harshly, you’ll rough up the hair cuticles and cause frizz and breakage. To avoid this common hair care mistake wrap your hair in an old t-shirt to wring out excess water, then apply one or two quarter-size amounts of our Curl Charisma Rice Amino + Quinoa Frizz Control Gel to damp hair evenly from root to tip
- Skipping out on your weekly deep conditioning treatments. According to Rachel Hayes from Stylecaster, “The surface of a hair strand is made up of overlapping hair cuticles. When hair is damaged, these tiny cuticles get lifted up or broken off, which causes frizz, breakage and dullness.” Use our intensive Don’t Despair, Repair Deep Conditioning Mask weekly to help fill any holes and work to repair roughed up patches so hair is soft, shiny, and manageable.
- Not using a heat-protective styling aid. Many of us make the mistake of skipping out on a heat protectant crème before using our blow dryers, flat irons, or curling wands. Heat will not only burn your hair, but also causes damage to cuticle cells which ultimately leads to breakage and frizz. For thermal protection up to 425°F, make sure to coat your hair with our Rosarco Blow Dry Perfection Heat Protectant Crème before exposing hair to your favorite hot styling tools.
- Washing your hair too often. We’ve now confirmed that washing your hair every day is a big no, no! Daily washing not only strips your scalp of its natural essential oils, but also dulls shiny locks. Finding the right shampoo to support a clean, balanced, and healthy scalp is key to avoid the feeling of needing to wash every day. Use our Scalp Revival Charcoal + Coconut Oil Micro-exfoliating Shampoo once a week or more in order to provide essential nutrients and draw impurities from the scalp. This powerhouse will deeply cleanse with charcoal and tea tree, while also preventing dryness with coconut oil.
Which Briogeo goodies have helped you on your hair journey? Tag us on insta with #Briogeo and let us know!