With summer in full swing it’s time to beat the heat and minimize the use of harsh heat styling tools on your hair! The added heat and moisture in the air can contribute to more frizz and dry ends this summer, so today we’ll be sharing our favorite HEAT PROOF looks that don’t require the use of blow dryers, flat irons, or curling wands. Whether you’re venturing off on a tropical vacation or heading into the office on a hot summer day, these five no-heat hairstyles are quick and on-trend for the season and entirely safe for your hair!
- Start out with slightly dirty hair and squeeze our Scalp Revival Dry Shampoo evenly throughout your roots for a refreshing boost of added texture
- Divide your hair into three even sections. Tie back the middle piece into a low, loose ponytail.
- Wrap the section on your right over the top of the middle pony and twist the two together. Grab the remaining section and tuck it under the other two.
- Start pinning using a few u-shaped pins to secure everything into place. Depending on the length of your hair and the look you’re going for, you can leave the pony as is or pin it up. And if that’s still a tad too complicated for your taste, just throw your hair into a twist and pin random sections into place so that it resembles, well, a banana.
- Spray our Blossom and Bloom Volumizing Spray through your roots to thicken the hair strands and create a more voluminous texture to your hair.
- Grab the desired amount of hair from the top half of your head to secure into a ponytail.
- Twist the hair from the pony so that it folds nicely into what looks like a cinnamon bun.
- Complete the look by pinning it all into place to create your best half-up bun! (Feel free to add a little bit more of our Blossom and Bloom Volumizing spray to the bottom half of your hair to create a messy voluminous look.)
- First split your hair into two sections down the middle of your head.
- To create the fishtail braid, divide the first part into two sections. Then, grab a small piece from one of the sides of the same section and cross it over to the opposite side. Pull that piece tightly through so that none of the pieces fall out.
- Continue this all the way down until the braid is complete. Do the exact same thing on the other side.
- Once both braids are complete begin to pull the braids out a little bit to loosen them up to create an undone messy look.
- Start by applying one or two quarter-size amounts of our Curl Charisma Leave-In Defining Creme to your hair for manageable definition and control.
- Next, pull your hair into either a high or low ponytail and separate the hair into two sections.
- Wrap the two sections in opposite directions. and secure with bobby pins.
- First, apply the Curl Charisma Gel to damp hair from root to tip. This will provide a nice hold for a long-lasting shine, definition and textured look.
- For extra body, spray a light layer of our Blossom & Bloom Volumizing Spray over your hair before it completely dries.
- Twist your hair into two high buns and wait about 30 min to an hour for your hair to dry!
- Finally, take out the bun and run your fingers through your hair to create the effortless beach wave look!