Hello, sunshine! Summer is right around the corner and for most of us, warm summer air means no more dry winter hair! Although brittle winter locks will soon be a thing of the past, it’s important to know that all of that warm weather also takes its toll. We’re sharing our tips for how to keep hair in tip-top shape during these sun-drenched months:
- Rid hair of oily build-up – Hot summer weather can cause more oil buildup on your scalp than you’re used too. So, combat greasy strands by keeping our Scalp Revival Dry Shampoo on hand! The presence of binchotan charcoal draws out impurities and detoxifies the scalp while witch hazel normalizes oil production. Use it whenever you’re hair’s in need of a quick refresh and extend the life of your blowouts… Even through summer’s humidity!
- Dehydrated and tangled hair from sea salt – With a rising popularity in sea salt sprays in the beauty market, sea salt must a good thing, right? A little sea salt is just fine for your hair, but overexposure and lying in the ocean for too long can amplify dryness and make your hair brittle and dull. Before taking a dip in the ocean use our Rosarco Milk Leave-in Conditioning Spray to fill the hair’s cuticle and prevent it from absorbing too much salt water. Plus, applying it after a swim can also help hydrate and detangle stubborn locks.
- Humidity causes hair to frizz and sweat – It should be no surprise that hot and humid weather causes those naturally gorgeous curls to frizz like crazy. The key to controlling frizz is to target the problem in the shower. Use our Curl Charisma Rice Amino + Avocado Hydrating Shampoo, which penetrates the hair shaft to effectively lock out frizz-causing environmental moisture.
- Harmful chemicals in chlorine can strip your color-treated hair – Chlorine in pools is used to disinfect and kill bacteria, so it should come as no surprise that it’s not very good for your hair! This is especially true for color-treated hair, which can be completely stripped and dried out from a day splashing in the swimming pool. On top of coating your hair with a protectant beforehand, it’s important to cleanse your hair as soon as possible after it is exposed to chlorine. Make sure to head straight to the shower and rinse your hair with our Be Gentle, Be Kind Green Tea Clarifying shampoo! This shampoo rids the hair of harsh, hard to remove buildup while nourishing and strengthening each strand from root to tip.
- Heat damage from the sun – Last but not least, it’s inevitable that heat from the sun can leave your hair feeling and looking dry, brittle, and damaged. Our Rosarco Repair Conditioner is infused with our signature blend of ultra-nourishing rosehip, argan, and coconut oils, which penetrate the hair shaft to nourish and repair inside and out. This conditioner will seal uplifted cuticles to lock in moisture giving you shiny sleek locks. This will be the conditioner of your summer!
Where are you headed this summer? Let us know on Instagram using @briogeo or #briogeo. Can’t wait to see!